Once your business is ready to adopt software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) technologies, the next logical question is “How?” No two SD-WAN architectures are the same. Multiple factors will alter deployment decisions, including the makeup of a remote site, end-user requirements and budget limitations. There are many companies who manufacture SD-WAN products, and each product has a different installation guide. It can all get a little confusing and overwhelming. This is why you should seek external support.
REACH’s IT experts can assist you in your SD-WAN deployment. Below are discovery questions that will help in the process.
- If you have an existing MPLS today, what applications are riding that connection?
- What challenges and/or limitations are you experiencing with your current MPLS?
- What sort of planned events do you have on your network that affect bandwidth usage?
- How do you manage network and security policies at your branch/remote sites?
- What is your current WAN architecture? What sort of QoS, if any, does your organization currently have in place?
- Have you experienced any outages or surges? Do you have recovery or business continuity protocols in place?
- How many internet connections do you have at each of your locations?
- If no secondary/tertiary circuits, what has prevented the organization from purchasing additional circuits?
- What is the current performance level of business applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) and cloud-based applications? What is your desired level?
- How do remote users access business applications?
- What challenges are reps experiencing when logging onto your site to get information?
- Are your reps experiencing any failures to access the site from your office? From a client location?
- Does your site buffer during live broadcasts (ex. Webinars)?
- Do you experience any site delays during flash sales or any promotion where traffic peaks for short periods? How do you prepare for these peaks?
- What technologies does your department utilize?
- What challenges are you facing in leveraging historical customer records to personalize future experiences?
When deploying SD-WAN technologies, not only is the SD-WAN vendor you chose important, but also ensuring you have the right SD-WAN technician working on the project is crucial as you look to unlock the full potential of the networking systems.
As your telecom and IT solutions expert, REACH takes pride in keeping you connected. We leverage our expertise and resources to help you manage carrier relationships, maintain high levels of customer service, and keep your focus on allocating your employees to revenue-generating responsibilities. Leverage our full suite of services and learn more about the benefits of SD-WAN and deployments that fit your particular business needs. Get in touch with us today by calling Valerie at 715-330-4200 or filling out our contact form.