FirstNet is a nationwide, high-speed wireless broadband network built for the public safety community, including law enforcement, fire service, emergency medical service, as well as emergency managers and PSAPs – career or volunteer; city, state, tribal or federal; and urban, suburban or rural.
FirstNet is also available to the extended community or extended primary users that could be called on to help support first responders – from the mitigation, remediation, overhaul, clean up and restoration to the provisioning of other services required – during the time of an emergency or its aftermath. They consist of:
- Critical Infrastructures
- K-12 Schools
- Higher Education
- Private Security
Designed Specifically for Public Safety
FirstNet is the only communications platform speciﬁcally designed with and for public safety based on their direct feedback and needs. FirstNet is interoperable across agencies. Robust tools and features only found on FirstNet include:
- Always-on, 24-hours-a-day priority and preemption across voice and data for ﬁrst responders
- Dedicated access to Band 14 spectrum where and when it’s needed
- Mission-centric tools – like apps and devices – tested for public safety, plus free smartphones for ﬁrst responder agencies*
- Access to a dedicated ﬂeet of 80+ portable network assets
- Unparalleled support for public safety’s mission
- Government oversight and accountability from the FirstNet Authority
FirstNet is also bringing more reliable communications to rural communities across the country – covering over 2.71 million square miles nationwide and growing. FirstNet is built with AT&T in public-private partnership with the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet Authority) – an independent agency within the federal government.
Because FirstNet is a dedicated public safety resource, primary users (first responders) and the extended primary community are reviewed before service is approved. REACH is partnered with FirstNet and can guide your business through the FirstNet discussion and approval procedure to help streamline the process.
As your telecom and IT solutions expert, REACH takes pride in keeping you connected. Leverage our full suite of services. Get in touch with us today by calling Valerie at 715-330-4200 or filling out our contact form.