Good cellular reception and public safety communications are essential in any commercial building whether old or new construction. Most commercial building structures use low e-grade glass and concrete as well as have below-ground areas like underground garages that reduce or eliminate cellular signal. These barriers can cause life and death situations for first responders or the general public. Finding a system integrator who is experienced in assessing these barriers, then proposing the best, cost-effective solution is an important first step to tackling these issues.
In addition, there are many factors that go into installing a cellular and public safety communications system such as grade of amplification system needed, size of building, dead spots, and cost versus value. It’s important for building owners to not fall short on what is needed to ensure proper cell reception or avoid being denied a Certificate of Occupancy that certifies the building meets building codes and other laws.
Determining a System Integrator
Choosing the right system integrator can make all the difference. To narrow down which one to use, ask them the following questions:
- Are you an installer of both cellular coverage and Public Safety Communications systems?
- What industries are most familiar with or most of your clients in?
- Can you provide me names of the customers that you have worked with to solve similar problems?
- Can you provide references for installations you have done?
- Do you have technical staff to do the initial evaluation, proposal, and installation?
- What product lines do you carry and why those lines over others?
- How long does it take to get the equipment?
- What is the timeline for the installation?
- What service level (RF readings) will you deliver consistently throughout my building when the system is installed?
- Do you have warranty and maintenance services packages?
As your telecom and IT solutions expert, REACH takes pride in keeping you connected. We will collaborate with you to fully understand your communication challenges and provide an effective solution. Let our system integrators help you be proactive in ensuring you meet building codes and laws and have the best signal in the event of an emergency. Schedule a free signal analysis today. Contact Ryan at 715-298-4414 or fill out our contact form.