More and more customers are moving away from the traditional shopping experience of going to a store, browsing, trying on clothes, and waiting in line to check out. Retailers continue to search for ways to satisfy customers demands of instant gratification, convenience and personalization by integrating in-store and online shopping options.
With the vast array of mobility solutions available, retailers are improving the customer experience by streamlining logistics, shortening long lines, providing multiple payment options and creating customer-engagement opportunities to include virtual assistants, digital signage and information stations.
Below are a list of ways retail mobility solutions can help your brand keep up with your customer demands both in-store and online:
- Digital Signage – The use of digital signage has come a long way allowing retailers to create interactive and engaging messaging that encourages a customer to take action.
- Price Checking – Mobile price scanners or kiosks allow customers and employees to easily check pricing or inventory on the spot. And personal mobile device apps are available to let customers check and compare pricing before they even enter your store giving you an opportunity to offer promotions, discounts or other messaging.
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems – The traditional cash register is becoming a thing of the past and POS systems are for more than doing a sales transaction. Loyalty programs, discounts, digital receipts, coupons, marketing messaging, multiple payment options, employee clock-in/out, barcode scanning, sales and inventory tracking are some of the ways POS systems have evolved.
- Self-Checkout – The ability to skip the lines or the awkward conversations with a store employee gives customers a choice in their experience. Self-checkout stations and mobile self-checkout apps makes shopping even easier for both customers and employees.
- Mobile Checkout Systems – During high-volume situations, employees can use mobile checkout systems to reduce wait times by checking out customers anywhere in the store.
- Mobile App Management – Retail mobile apps benefit both customers and retailers with seamless integration with loyalty programs, online and in-store shopping along with proximity messaging apps for exclusive discounts, sales and events.
- Omnichannel Effectiveness – Combining online, in-person and mobile app retail mobility solutions into your omnichannel strategy can provide a customer experience that is seamless and convenient giving you an edge on your competitors.
With the variety of retail mobility solutions available, each solution should be strategically thought out and integrated into a centralized program with the infrastructure to support it – having a strong WiFi environment and real-time inventory controls will help keep the experience seamless for your business and your customers.
REACH can help you evaluate and source options for your retail mobility needs based on size, budget, goals, and supply chain complexity to customize a combination of solutions. Contact Valerie at 715-330-4200 or fill out the form below to learn more about how we can help implement retail mobility solutions for your business.